Mersea Stone Beach
© Bob Jones and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence
Sand and shell beach on the easternmost tip of Mersea Island.
On the eastern shore of the beach are the remains of a World War II pillbox. Mersea Island has been stratrgically important for centuries and there are also the very faint remains of a Tudor fort here too.
The beach is the landing point for the foot ferry to St Osyth and Brightlighsea so is easily reached from either of these.
Type of beach
Sand & shingle
Dogs friendly beach?
OS grid ref.
TM 0744 1549
Submit a correction