Wembury Beach photo

Wembury: old mill

There was a water-powered mill at Wembury beach in 1581. It became part of the Langdon estate for roughly a hundred years until 1927. The mill, which worked until about 1900, is now a cafe, open in the summer months. The adjoining miller’s house is let as a holiday home. Seen from the Wembury beach car park

© Martin Bodman and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence

Taken at: Wembury Beach, South West England

Date taken / added: 15th Nov 2007

More beach photos from South West England

  • View from Mexico Towans to Gwithian
  • Church Cove
  • Yet another one of Durdle Door
  • Mobile transporter, Paignton Sands
X