Silloth Beach Photo

Silloth Beach - Cumbria

Marshall Dock, Silloth

The original Silloth dock, built by the Carlisle & Silloth Bay Railway & Dock Company. It was opened in August 1859, and named after the local MP. There were gates at the entrance, but they collapsed after 20 years and were not replaced. This remains a tidal harbour, connecting to the enclosed New Dock - see . The "Jaana B" is one of a small local fleet which catches brown shrimps.

© Rose and Trev Clough and licensed for reuse under this Creative Commons Licence

Taken at: Silloth Beach, North West England

Date taken / added: 9th Aug 2009

More beach photos from North West England

  • Fishermen's cottages from the north, Ravenglass
  • East Cote Lighthouse
  • Sea defences at New Brighton
  • Silloth and the Solway Firth from the air